Under the direction of the driver manager, this position is responsible for: using a dispatch optimization system to create a safe and efficient daily dispatch of fuel deliveries for all Al Warren Oil Company operations; utilizing excellent customer service skills to maintain a positive interface between the Al Warren Oil Co. dispatch offices, its fuel ordering customers, market representatives, and company personnel.
Essential Duties and Functions
- Monitor customer automated inventory management systems; receive fuel orders from retail, commercial and contract customers; maintain a delivery schedule for “keep-full” customers
- Use the dispatch optimization system and software to create the daily dispatch fuel deliveries
- Analyze daily product delivery requirements for fuel operations; prepare and assign driver work schedules, while maximizing equipment utilization; route deliveries to minimize delays caused by customer requirements and issues, traffic congestion and/or access restrictions.
- Provide an excellent service experience for customers; investigate and take necessary action to quickly resolve customer service issues and inventory discrepancy complaints.
- Immediately report and document all accidents, injuries, spills, mixes, security issues, unsafe conditions or other incidents to the Safety Department and Operation Managers. Participate in the investigation process to identify the root cause of any incident/accident.
- Maintain daily accurate fleet maintenance records for terminals truck fleet. Review maintenance items identified on drivers pre and post truck inspection reports and schedule truck repairs with truck mechanics and vendors; follow up on truck repair and maintenance issues.
- Create and maintain a safety culture; ensure all transportation operations comply with all facility, company, State and federal rules and DOT regulations.
- Assist in the preparation of documents for supporting departments and functions.
- Occasional perform other assigned duties.
- Equipment Use
- Must be knowledgeable in relation to all equipment and systems related to dispatch
- Work Schedule
- Various shifts available AM and PM shifts available working a rotating 4 days on 3 days off 3 days on 4 days off and/or Monday through Friday day shift.
- Strong attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to multi-task and function effectively under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to adapt interpersonal skills to interact in a professional and positive manner with internal and external customers
- Physical demands: Ability to push, pull, lift, and carry up to 30 pounds
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all employees and customers.
- Strong math, organizational, administrative skills
- Ability to solve problems
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively under pressure
- Proficiency with basic computer skills: i.e., Excel, Word, Outlook; and with inventory systems.
- Can be entrusted to make sound business judgments and decisions a meet assigned deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of the Chicago-land area
- Medical Benefits provided by BlueCross BlueShield.
- Dental and Vision provided by Guardian.
- Employer provides $25,000 coverage of Life and AD&D insurance.
- Quarterly Safety Bonuses offered.
- Uniforms and PPE to keep you looking safe and sharp.
- Up to 20 days of paid Vacation and PTO for your first year
- 401(k) matching plan for retirement, fully vested as of Day 1.
- You will feel like family and appreciated for your hard work.